Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day 26 Twin Bridges to Ennis

Our friend, and driver of our one day support car, Ben, agreed to take Marks trailer along with one of my saddle bags and meet us in Ennis to camp with us for the second night. Mark was like a little boy in a candy store, he felt free and rode like the wind! As for me, my bike weighs about 30 lbs and well with only one saddle bag I was just lopsided. However, we really appreciated good ol Benny Boy to schlep our ghetto clear oversized clothing bag, complete with duct tape, as well as our camping gear, food, and all the other crap we have.! We rode only 42 miles total for the day and climbed over a short but steep pass just after we stopped in Virginia City for a taste of a brew at the oldest microbrewery, established in 1863, in the US!
We talked about how the way people are raised, truly shapes who they are and how they react to situations in life. We also have realized a lot about the opposite sex and how men and women are SO different. We have also discussed the things that bother us about each other, which we decided was best to talk about. Mark always says, "whhhaaattt", when he is in disbelief which is annoying, and he said I make this slurping noise about 20 times a day, which now I have totally caught myself doing which is probably pretty annoying and weird too. Anyways, spending all hours of the day with one person is definitely a learning experience, I can't imagine getting married.... Ha!
We ascended the climb with high spirits, my first positive attitude towards a climb in a few days now, maybe the beer helped! Mark bolted up the hill at about the speed of lightning while I was enjoying Red Hot Chili Peppers - " get to the top"! Our support driver had gotten off work and spotted us on the climb and waited for us at the apex, offering us granola bars and water, not really although that would have been nice!
Then it began, the most EPIC, gnar, shreddable, sick, outrageous, radical, far out downhill ever! With the mountains complete with snowy peaks in the distance, the warm sun on our faces, and the wind at our backs ( where it belongs) we raged down the long switchbacks in harmony! We kept a solid pace and for the last 3 miles of flat road we were kicking it into gear at 28 mph! We were feeling good and arrived at our campsite very quickly!

We set up our tents and like normal I was on the mission of taking a shower, the ice cold river was my only option. While the boys went fishing, and did their manly things, I mustered up the confidence to slowly waddle into the river and feel my body go numb. Using doctor brahminns 18 in 1 organic soap, I began washing my hair, to my surprise a boat was coming in for a landing and well I felt pretty awkward! I got out of the river with soap everywhere while they loaded their boat in the trailer and they apologized for interupting my bath, ya it was weird! We decided to head back into town to grab some food and my chain had two figure eights in it. We fixed it and Ben hopped on my bike and with greasy hands I jumped in Marks trailer, a sight to see, I was laughing the entire time. We ate some Mexican food, had a dance party, and eventually got back to our site to find a sqwaking bird of some sort and a sky full of stars! One of the most beautiful night skies I have ever seen! We saw some shooting stars and then decided to get some shut eye! Yellowstone, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment