Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 77 Troutdale to Radford

We ate breakfast at the same diner and Mike ordered the biggest bowl of grits they had to offer. He paid $8 for the bowl, we all had a pretty good laugh about that one!

We had a climb early in the morning and then it was pretty much all rolling hills on a downhill slope for the majority of the 77 mile ride. We were given a business card about a week or so previous to stay with the Lee Family in Radford and thats what we had planned to do. The boys made me call Dr. Lee and I am happy I did because he offered me the guest room with a queen size bed as well as a lovely view from the second floor and all the boys pitched their tents on the front lawn! Yay!!

We arrived at the Lee's and Sarah, Thad's wife offered us cold drinks and showed me to my room! I knew we would get along because she was a Volvo driver! We got cleaned up and did some laundry and after, Sarah offered us her car to drive to dinner! Mike played guitar for us and the boys went outside while I went upstairs to my comfortable bed! The Lee's were so generous and we all appreciated their hospitality!!

Night Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment