Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 76 UMC to Troutdale

As we woke up on the comfy church pews, we gathered our belongings and headed out for an early start. Now as there were five of us, we set off into the early morning and enjoyed the rolling hills through the countryside. I will always remember this ride because it was one of my favorites. If I could wake up every morning, drink a cup of java, and take a ride in that exact same place I would be in heaven! However, it didn't last too long before we had to start climbing, climbing and more climbing.

We reached the peak of the mountain and got ready for the biggest descent toward Hayters Gap, we had had in awhile. Usually I would be more than excited to fly like the wind down the hill, but with only one brake working I was a bit more hesitant. The boys let me go first, because they said that I would be going the fastest, ha. I think it was because they wanted to get a good look at me wiping out if that was the case! What sweet men!

We stopped at a diner for breakfast and after the food was brought out, we had to split up on two tables because the boys ordered sooooooo much food! After we all had food babys, we stopped in Damascus at the bike shop to remedy a few problems on our bikes. Mike had a shredded tire, myself, one brake, and Mark needed to get his tire trued. After about an hour or so, we were ready to head up the hill and begin a 13 mile climb, however it was POURING! We had a meeting and although probably not the smartest decision, we decidied to keep treking!

So up we went, laughing and sheilding our eyes from the painful rain drops. It was a beautiful ride and we made it! We got to the bike hostel which consisted of two rooms equipped with bunk beds, a nice little porch and a nice shower! We ate dinner and crashed!

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment