Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 75 Breaks to UMC of Rosedale

I woke up in the morning, thanking God that I survived the night and wasnt supper for the raccoon, however my towel wasnt so lucky. Yup, thats correct, the fury little guy ate my towel.

It was a misty morning and we packed up our things and while dining at the same restaurant as the night before, we met a man who approached us and showed us some pictures from the previous year of his cross country ride. We also met a group of three couples who donated both to our cause as well as Rob and Dans ride for cancer. People are so generous, I tell ya!

Today's ride wasn't too long but we had a pretty long hike up one of the taller peaks. It was hot but we reapplied our 50 spf sunscreen!! I tried beating Mark up the mountain but was unsuccessful!

We asked a couple if they knew where a grocery store was and they said it was 5 miles down the road. We got a second opinion and are happy we did because we came to find out it was actually 12!! Thats a huge difference when you are on a bike! We decided to eat at the gas station and to my surprise, I had a really nice salad!

We made it to the United Methodist Church and found the sign that said Cyclist's Welcome! The door was open and we made ourselves at home! There was a kitchen for me to use and really comfortable pew cushions that were reccommended for us to sleep on. There was also a huge cabinet full of food for all the cyclists! We were ecstatic and used the hose out back to take showers. I even took some girl time (by myself) and napped on the swinging bench outside in the hot sun.

The boys tightened my back brake because the front one was out of order while I cooked dinner! I made a plethera of pasta, macaroni and cheese, and spaghetti and we had a feast. A guy pulled up to the church by the name of Michael Henry. He was pulling a bob trailer and was from Portland , Oregon, surprisingly headed East! That meant that he had been riding like a crazy man in order to catch up to us, at least 100 miles a day! He turned out being really cool and we all had some good laughs! From that moment on we were like a little family (I was like a mom with 4 boys) and we all decided to finish off the trip together and ride into Yorktown as a posse!

We crashed and set our alarms for 6 am! Yikes!

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment