Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day 81: Charlottesville to Ashland

We hit up Starbucks at 6:30 am where we used our graduation giftcards for the first time! This was the first Starbucks we had run into on the road, besides Fort Collins! We rode past a tree full of butterflies so I was happy and just kept riding! On days like today when you prepare for a long day of riding, everything just kinda blends together, at least for me. I took a video of myself going downhill at one point saying yaa-hoo the entire time and well to be honest thats all I really remember! Except for the story Rob told me about spinning so hard in spin class that the bike started smoking, I almost fell off my bike!

We went to a chinese food restaurant where they served us each about three pounds of food and then we decided we would call around to find the cheapest hotel room in Ashland. Let me rephrase, I called around to find the cheapest hotel room in Ashland, you'll never believe it $43 for a two beds for the five of us. Even cheaper then camping in some instances!! We were all pretty stoked about that and enjoyed a nice sleep in a real bed except for Mike that is, he had to sleep on the ground poor guy!

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment